Curriculum vitae ...my experience and qualifications.
This page details almost everything contained in my Curriculum Vitae (CV) and more. However, although I update my website on a regular basis, this page may not be up to date and has been primarily created to support the hard copy of my CV. Please get in touch if you would like a copy.
- Personal statement
- Educational background
- Employment experience
- Specific skills
- Hobbies and interests
- References and referees
A web designer and developer developing UI content for Camelot Group - The National Lottery and a former employee of The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and the leading e-retailer in the world Tesco.Com. Possesses a good balance of skills and experience in both design and web that can be applied equally within a team environment or working independently. Successfully writes code that is W3C standards compliant, SEO friendly and accessible to all users and devices. Demonstrates a positive outlook, has excellent communication skills and a genuine passion for working within the industry and an eye for detail. Seeking to pursue a career within a progressive organisation that offers new challenges, long-term prospects and the opportunity to develop through training.
QA - 36-44 Tabernacle Street, London EC2A 4DT
Official Microsoft Learning Products as prescribed by Microsoft Corporation
November 2009 Microsoft Certificate of Accreditation: Building Effective ASP.NET 3.5 Web Applications using MS Visual Studio 2008
November 2009 Microsoft Certificate of Accreditation: The Microsoft C# 3.0 Programming Language
October 2009 Microsoft Certificate of Accreditation: M2956 - Core Foundations of Microsoft .NET 2.0 Development
June 2009 Microsoft Certificate of Accreditation: M5061 - Implementing Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
June 2009 Microsoft Certificate of Accreditation: M5060 - Implementing Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
RedDot Solutions - Mulberry Business Park, Fishponds Road, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 2GY
RedDot Solutions UK Ltd. - A Hummingbird Company
December 2007 RedDot Certificate of Achievement: Advanced - Personalisation with RedDot LiveServer 3.0
October 2007 RedDot Certificate of Achievement: Beginners - Fundamentals of RedDot CMS 7.1
London Metropolitan University - 166-220 Holloway Road, London N7 8DB
2001-2005 BSc (HONS) Degree: Computing
Grade achieved: 2:1 with Honours
- Preliminary Level: Information Technology Applications (Microsoft Office) • Information Technology and the Work Environment • Introduction to Programming (Microsoft Visual Basic) • Further Programming (Java) • Introduction to Hypertext and Hypermedia (HTML/Macromedia Dreamweaver/Adobe Photoshop) • Introduction to Computer Science • Science and Technology Based Organisations • Mathematics through Information Technology
- Advanced Starred Level: Technologies for Learning (HTML/Macromedia Director/Adobe Photoshop) • Hypermedia: Principles Design and Implementation (Macromedia Director/Macromedia Fireworks) • Information Technology Strategies • Interactive Systems Design • Software Engineering and Design • Project Individual 2 Semester (Live! Online Ordering System including Extensive Research)
City & Islington College - 444 Camden Road, London N7 0SP
1998-2000 BTec GNVQ Advanced: Business and Financial Forecasting Monitoring
Grade achieved: Distinction / 24 A-Level points
- Application of Number
- Behaviour at Work
- Business and the European Union
- Business in the Economy
- Business Law
- Business Organisations and Systems
- Business Planning
- Financial Forecasting and Monitoring
- Financial Transactions, Costing and Pricing
- Human Resource Management
- Improving own Learning and Performance
- Information Technology
- Marketing Research and Statistics
- Production and Employment in the Economy
- Working with Others
Highbury Grove School - Highbury New Park, London N5 2EG
Non-exam courses: Physical Education, Religious Education, Personal, Social and Health Education.
Camelot UK Lotteries Ltd. (The National Lottery) - Tolpits Lane, Watford, Herts WD18 9RN
October 2010 - To Date Permanent: Creative Services Production Developer
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants - 26 Chapter Street, London SW1P 4NP
September 2007 - October 2010 Permanent: Web Analyst/Developer
Active Job Search Ltd. - 23 Vallance Road London, E1 5HS
December 2008 - August 2010 Contract: Web Developer/Designer
Tesco.Com - Cirrus House C, Falcon Way, Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1ZR
March 2006 - September 2007 Permanent: Grocery UI Developer
GEKKO Partners Ltd. - Wessex House, Oxford Road, Newbury RG14 1PA
September 2004 - March 2006 Contract: Tactical Field Representative/Demonstrator
Involved working for companies such as Freeview, Three, Kondor, SanDisk.
London Metropolitan University - Learning Resource Centre, Holloway Road, London N7 8DB
September 2002 - June 2003 Contract: Computing Assistant
Responsibilities: Working as part of the Library and Information Services team, in conjunction with my education within the institution, provided a breadth of experience and has given an insight into the nature of IT Support. Provide support/training face-to-face, via telephone and email to course participants troubleshooting a range of issues, including support for Microsoft Office applications, resolving printer issues, file sharing and internet connection availability; Covering the reception desk and general administration duties; Training users on library and information databases; Logged helpdesk calls, making sure fault calls are resolved and updated effectively; Required the ability to probe non-technical clients courteously as well as applying comprehensive technical knowledge
99p Stores Ltd. - 1st Floor South, Victoria Station House, 191 Victoria Street, London SW1E
August 2001 - May 2002 Contract: Merchandising Manager
Superdrug Plc. - 3/5 Harben Parade, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, London NW3 1IP
January 1998 - July 2000 Permanent: Senior Sales Supervisor
Ison Motors - Midland Road, Kings Cross, London NW1
March 1997 - January 1998 Permanent: Trainee Mechanic
- HTML 5 / XHTML / DHTML
- CSS / CSS3 / LESS / Media-queries
- XML / XSL / XSLT / XPath
- PHP / OOP / SQL / MySQL
- Apache (httpd/htaccess) / PHP config
- Web security: SHA/Salts/XSS
- Frameworks (CodeIgniter, WordPress, etc.)
- Cross browser development
- Responsive design
- Progressive enhancement
- Search Engine Optimisations
- WCAG 2.0 / W3C / Standards
- Accessibility & Usability
- HTML emails (eMarketing)
- Website and Server performance
- Agile/Waterfall methodology
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Creative Suite
- RedDot CMS
- TeamSite CMS
- Sublime Text
- Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Mobile browsers
- Internet Explorer 6+
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
Very efficient at building and have built PCs using latest technology components, including installation of required OS and software, for private sales to specifications provided by the buyer and to recommendations. Setup home wireless network enabling multiple computers to share an internet connection and printer. Also competent at Cat5 and telephone line installation. Capable of adapting to and learning to use new software through training or by self-study using materials such as online help files, text books and other learning resources.
I am a good and confident communicator. Previous jobs required me to be confident and concise in handling and dealing with general enquiries with the public, as well as answering telephone calls. I have experience dealing with many customers from the public of all ages, sex, disability, race and from many different ethnic backgrounds. Some customers - whose grasp of the English language was somewhat limited - every ounce of my communication skills had to be used in achieving sales. I have produced many written reports, dissertations and completed many verbal presentations with regards to projects and these have contributed to improving my communication and interpersonal skills.
Project management skills
The development of Microsites within a corporate environment and my studies have given me invaluable experience of project management, on an individual and group basis, which has taught me to manage time effectively. Deadlines have taught me the importance of organising my tasks well with the available resources. Experience of working within a team-based culture involved planning, organisation, coordination and commitment. The various employment opportunities I have had, have taught me the ability to know when to take the lead and when to let others guide you. I have also learnt to work as part of a team under the role of a delegator, and I have proved in previous companies, my ability in managing others.
Hobbies and interests
- I enjoy working with computers, surfing the net, communications and information technology.
- I have a keen interest in Martial Arts and take part in Wing Chun classes at the London Wing Chun Academy which I have benefitted in increased hand eye coordination, conditioning of the body, fitness and improved confidence levels.
- Enjoy playing various team and individual sports especially Football, Badminton, Pool and I often go to my local gym for weight training.
- I enjoy listening to a wide variety of Western and Asian music.
- I have a passion for travelling and experiencing different cultures. I have travelled to places in Europe and Asia.
References and referees
Current employment references available on request.